Thursday, November 08, 2007

Passion and phones

Searching on the net for some good material to pass time, this is what I came across
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080214/od_nm/love_phones_dc;_ylt=Aor95e3Jx.infrMfYjZFLlgSH9EA
Usually I am an ardent fan of technology, but this scares me. Letting others know the "passion in your voice" is not my idea of phone-calls. What if your girlfriend calls you when you are smack-dab in the middle of testing out that latest piece of technology you just laid hands on. Our idea of "passion" changes quite a few times during the day, and it depends on the subject. There are a lot of what-if scenarios to be considered before I buy such technology. What-if my boss calls when Im thinking of the eye-candy that just walked past. Such scenarios are detrimental to purchase-decision. What were the inventors thinking?

They should have put in the time and effort to design a phone that actually modulates my voice to bring in a certain mood to it and then transmit it to the other person. So even if I was laughing my heart out at the latest joke I read in office-time using office-resources, my manager would call me and "hear" me very deep and very content at work. I could abuse customer care but would come across as a very friendly person to them, and then maybe select "Clint Eastwood voice" from the drop-down menu and make the customer-service lady zero-out my current usage.

Dude.

This would sell faster than hot-cakes, and I could probably get hot cakes for free by selecting "Marilyn Monroe" while ordering over the phone. This would be phone-heaven.....

.....or blasphemy.

Imagine if such a device were to be invented, comment on what options would you like in it and what use would they be.

3 comments:

Shruthi said...

Jeez... what an invention - door rehna mere se...

and you know what, your idea sounds very interesting - though I don't think I would like that either :D

Amit Gupta said...

are chamatkar bhai .. chamatkar.. din bhar ane style se raho and result will always positive ... wat is entry level price for this phone? :-)

Anonymous said...

write more..
like your posts
...Jaspreet